The purpose of the 2018 Market Analysis for Prairie du Chien and Nearby Communities in Allamakee, Clayton and Crawford Counties was to compile and interpret information useful in economic development efforts. This study focuses on data to:
- Support business retention and expansion;
- Attract new businesses and entrepreneurs;
- Guide improvements to the physical environment;
- Provide data to inform marketing and branding efforts; and
- Identify retail, restaurant and service business market opportunities.
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY FULL DATA REPORT
This project represents a community-led initiative whereby local business and community leaders were actively involved in the research and analysis. They participated as a “study team” that met regularly to review and interpret data gathered from the market analysis process. The Market Analysis was prepared by Driftless Development, Inc., in cooperation with business and community leaders in Prairie du Chien and surrounding communities with research assistance provided by the University of Wisconsin-Extension.